Accessorizing a coffee table is a great opportunity to bring your own personality into your space, but I realize that sometimes deciding what to place on a coffee table can be confusing or feel overwhelming. Here are a few of my favorite tips for styling a coffee table.
- Selecting objects of varying heights will keep things interesting.
- Just use caution with items that are too tall, otherwise they can easily be knocked off. In general, I usually try to keep things under 30" in height.
- Beware of items that move or roll around too much, this can damage your table surface (especially if you have children).
- Odd numbers of items usually feel better to me.
- When all else fails, an orchid, some large pictorial books, and a trio of candle holders with candles are an easy way to start!
I am featuring some accessory selections that are great for coffee tables for two different design styles, both rustic industrial and casual nautical/coastal.