If you are looking to freshen up your space, one of the easiest and least expensive places to start is your bath. This is, of course, assuming that you do not need to do any sort of remodeling. Remodeling is a whole different story all together. Refreshing your bath can be as easy as a quick trip to Target or a skip across the Internet. My suggestions are as follows:
- Stay away from printed towels. They never keep up in the wash, and end up looking shabby. Not to mention that printed towels, printed shower curtain, prints on the wall...aggghhh! It will feel like it is all closing in on you.
- That being said, don't be afraid of a bold print on a shower curtain, it couldn't be easier to change it out if you decide you don't like it 6 months from now.
- Be sure that the colors and prints you choose are ones that you love. The bath is usually one of the last things you see at night, and one of the first in the morning.
- One of the best ways to keep you bath lovely is to keep it clean. Don't ignore that chipping paint on the floorboards, or the cracked and flaking grout lines. Trust me, they stand out just as much as you are afraid they do!
- As is my standard rule of thumb with drapery, taking a shower curtain up as high as you can go will make you bath look more customized, and much more dramatic. The ease of this depends greatly on the height of your ceilings. This look can be achieved multiple ways. For more ideas shower curtains, check tomorrow's post.
- Don't forget artwork. Artwork is not just for the other rooms of your home. Art is a necessary element to add personality to your bathroom walls.
|Target Overlapping Leaves Shower Curtain|
Artwork from Art.com